IMPORTANT CHANGES PLEASE READ!!!
This year Redding Rodeo has made some changes to our Mutton Bustin’ program as follows:
Eligibility: Ages 5-7, weighing 60 lbs or less as of May 15th, 2019
Online only applications will be accepted during the period of April 1st and closing April 27th
Only the first 150 applications received will compete in Mutton Bustin’ slack on May 11th at the annual Kickoff BBQ at the Redding Rodeo arena. Results will be posted on our website www.reddingrodeo.com on April 28th indicating the time your child will ride, along with other details.
Out of those 150 riders, 48 riders (12 per night) will be randomly chosen to complete during the Redding Rodeo performances. Your child MUST be able to compete that night. NO CHANGES will be permitted. If they are unable to compete on their designated night, the next child will be selected.
If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com
- Only a parent or legal guardian may register a child in the Mutton Bustin’ Event, and sign a release form and waiver.
- Children must be 5 to 7 years old and not exceed 60 lb’s.
- Contestants must wear long sleeve shirts, pants and boots (no flip flops or sandals will be permitted).
- Helmets (not supplied) will also be required (bicycle or similar type is recommended) for the actual ride.
- Slack Will consist of the first 150 kids that enter and meet the requirement.
- After Slack there will be a random draw for 48 spots that will determine the date your child will ride if drawn for rodeo.
- If your child is drawn for Rodeo there will be a mandatory parent/child meeting Tuesday evening before first day of Rodeo.
- Event will happen rain or shine!!
- Parents please be sure to wear appropriate shoes arena is loose dirt and can be muddy.
Applications must be submitted to the Rodeo Association by 11:59pm PDT, April 27, 2019. The random draw will be posted and can be viewed on the Redding Rodeo web site www.reddingrodeo.com on May 10, 2019.